FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Thursday, February 11, 2021
CONTACT: Mike Harris
Director of Water and Sewer Operations
Utility Preparations for Below Freezing Temperatures
Weather forecasts are currently predicting the possibilities of below freezing temperatures this weekend through Tuesday at night.
The City of Beaumont’s Water Utilities is asking homeowners to:
- Disconnect outside water hoses. If left connected during freezing temperatures, the water in hoses will freeze and expand causing connecting faucets and pipes to freeze and break.
- Protect and Insulate exposed pipes, faucets, and exposed pipes in unheated areas. Use foam padding sleeves or special insulating tape to guard your pipes. Even a small unprotected area can freeze and cause problems. Don't forget to check all irrigation devices, backflow prevention devices, pool pumps, and unprotected fire sprinkler lines.
- If possible, open cabinet doors along exterior walls to allow more heat to get to un-insulated pipes under a sink or appliance near an outer wall.
- Meter boxes should have a properly fitting lid. If there is a problem call City of Beaumont Water Utilities at 311.
- Call City of Beaumont City Water Utilities at 311 if you have no water at all or to report a water line leak.