The City of Beaumont’s Drought Contingency Plan has Moved Back to Stage 1 Asking Citizens to Voluntarily Conserve Water
Due to the lack of rain and excessive heat, the City of Beaumont is still experiencing higher than average water demands. Stage 1 of the City's Drought Contingency Plan asks customers to voluntarily conserve water and minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes at this time. These conservation efforts will be lifted when usage levels have rescinded for an additional period of three (3) consecutive days.
During this time, we ask that customers continue to voluntarily limit irrigation of landscaped areas to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with a street address ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, or 8) and Saturdays and Wednesdays for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9), and to only irrigate landscapes between the hours of midnight and 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight on designated watering days. The City will reduce the flushing of water mains and discontinue fire hydrant flushing during this time and continue to follow the water use restrictions for stage 2 of the plan.
We’re trending in the right direction and appreciate everyone’s help to minimize demand on the system.
- Check faucets, toilets, and irrigation systems for leaks and repair any you find. Even a slow drip can use several gallons a day.
- Be conservative showering and bathing. Take shorter showers. If you must use the bathtub, only fill it half full.
- Don’t leave water running while you’re brushing your teeth or shaving. Every little bit helps.
- Only run the dishwasher or washing machine when you have a full load. You can also select a lower or shorter cycle or save water by rinsing dishes beforehand.
- Consider replacing old toilets or showerheads. Dual flush models use less water, as do low-flow shower heads.
- Sweep it up. Clean your driveway and exterior areas with a broom instead of a hose.
For more information on the City’s Drought Contingency Plan, visit www.ecode360.com/38683374.