History of the Airport
The Beaumont Municipal Airport was originally constructed during the Great Depression as a Works Progress Administration Project (WPA) and activated on October 1, 1937. The Army Air Corps used the field during World War II as a base of operations for antisubmarine patrols. Commercial service was provided by Trans-Texas Airways and Delta Airlines until 1946 at which point the Jefferson County Airport was opened. The City of Beaumont has operated the Beaumont Municipal Airport as a general aviation facility since that time. The original terminal building was replaced in the late 1970s by a new terminal building and aircraft parking apron. The City has continued to make appropriate improvements to the airfield and terminal area since this time.
|Hangar Name||Hangar Style||Size||Aircraft Storage Capability||Condition|
|Hangar A||T-hanger||340 feet by 60 feet (20,400 square feet)||14||Good|
|Hangar B||T-hanger||340 feet by 60 feet (20,400 square feet)||14||Good|
|Hangar C||T-hanger||265 feet by 60 feet (15,900 square feet)||12||Good|
|Hangar D||T-hanger||192 feet by 60 inches (11,520 square feet)||8||Good|
|Building #1||Box||100 feet by 80 feet (8,000 square feet)||2||Good|
|Building #2||Box||120 feet by 100 feet (12,000 square feet)||5||Good|
|Private #1||Box||72 feet x 60 feet |
(4,320 square feet)
Parking & Access
There are two public entrance roads that connect to the terminal building parking lot creating a loop entrance/exit. There are 31 automobile parking spaces for a total of 11,200 square feet, of which four are designated for handicapped usage. The northern terminal entrance road also provides access to fuel deliveries and access to the north large box hanger and apron area through a security gate. The south terminal entrance road provides direct access to the south portion of the aircraft parking apron and remaining both T-hangers, as well as the airfield, through a security gate. Four dusk-dawn lights provide lighting for the terminal area parking lot and the two main entrance roads.
In addition to these two entrance and access points, there are also four additional vehicle ground access points along Keith Road on the east side of the airport. All of these vehicle ground access locations have security gates and are primarily used by tenants and airport personnel conducting business at the airport. Of these four locations, two provide immediate access to the T-hanger area from Keith Road. The third location provides access to the north area of the airport property. The fourth location provides access to the southern area of airport property.
Aviation Fuel Storage
The airport is equipped with two above-ground fuel storage tanks which are located northeast of the terminal building across from the large FBO (Fixed Base Operator) box hanger. Each tank is 10,000 gallons with one tank storing 100LL and the other tank Jet-A. Fuel dispensing can be completed using a 24-hour credit card pump system, however, this is only for 100LL fuel (Octane Low Lead Fuel). The dispensing location is located on the corner of the apron between the terminal building and the FBO box hanger. In the event the airport loses electrical power, the fueling system and pumps revert to a generator for continued fueling operations.
Fueling of Jet-A is completed from a designated fuel truck on the aircraft parking apron or in an area designated by the FBO. The Jet-A fuel truck has a tank capacity of 3,000 gallons. A 100LL fuel truck is also available for aircraft refueling on the apron or for based aircraft pulled out from their respective hanger location. The tank capacity for the 100LL fuel truck is 1,000 gallons.