Some Helpful Tips for Trash Collection
Your cooperation will help the City perform better and less costly service to all citizens.
- Move your vehicle on collection days or relocate the container for easier pickup.
- Place the container at least three (3) feet away from any fences, mailboxes, etc. If you have more than one container, they must be at least three (3) feet apart.
- Move the container closer to the curb edge.
- Place the container so that the handle is towards your house.
- Cut up or collapse all boxes and cartons before placing them in containers.
- Do not put large or long (more than six (6) inches) items such as limbs, concrete, furniture, lumber, or other bulky material in containers. This type of debris can cause damage to trucks. It will be collected by heavy trash crews. Please call (409) 842-1483 for service.
- Place all garbage inside the container and close the lid. One (1) extra bag (no boxes) may be placed on top of containers, but nothing placed on the ground can be picked up with our equipment.
- Place your container out early on the day of pickup. We begin collection at 7:00AM.
- Remove container and store it so it is not readily visible from the street and neighbors' houses. City Ordinance requires removal by 8:00PM the same day of collection.
The Garbage Services Division provides the following residential collection services:
- Once per week garbage collection
- Once per week small yard waste collection
- Once per week used motor oil and oil filter collection
- Once per week heavy trash collection
Regular Collection Schedule
Regular collection is route based. To get your pick-up schedule, call Garbage Services.
Tips for the Best Collection Service
Garbage containers must be placed curb side by 7 am on collection day and removed from the curb by 8 pm on the same day. Residents should not leave garbage containers at the curb overnight following collection day.
All garbage other than heavy trash items (old furniture, household furnishings, yard waste, etc.) must be placed inside your 96-gallon container for pick-up. Waste that is outside the container will not be collected, and could result in a ticket and fine.
Items which could be reused should be donated to charity or other organizations whenever possible.
We suggest that you don't place odor-producing garbage such as seafood waste, meats and old foods, in your 96-gallon container until collection day. If possible, refrigerate or freeze these items, then place in container on collection day.
Bulk Trash Collection
Heavy trash is collected weekly on your regular pickup day. The service is limited to single-family residential customers. Heavy trash from any other entity must be transported to the landfill.
Heavy trash includes:
- Large yard waste (Limbs and branches up to 8 feet long, or cut to 8 foot lengths)
- Tree trunks larger than 12 inches in diameter must be cut to a maximum 2 foot length
- Furniture and mattresses
- Appliances and miscellaneous heavy debris
- A maximum of 4 tires per year
Heavy trash is not collected by city crews from the following:
- Apartment buildings
- Construction sites
- Vacant lots
All material must be stacked neatly in separate piles and not under low overhead utility lines or trees.
Citizens who live on a corner lot should stack bulk trash as far as possible away from the roadway intersection, while still stacking the trash on their property. These Citizens should make certain that all drivers who travel through the intersection in any direction have a clear unobstructed view.
No services will be provided on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Fourth of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
All other holidays are regular work days for collections and the landfill.
When any of the listed holidays fall on a collection day, the collection schedule will shift to the following day. This will result in the last collection day being on the Friday of that holiday week. For instance, there will be no collection Thanksgiving Day (Thursday), therefore, the regular Thursday collection day will be moved to Friday.
If 1 garbage container is not sufficient for your needs, additional containers are available.
- 1 additional 96-gallon garbage container $3.75 per month
- 2 additional 96-gallon garbage containers $7.50 per month
- 3 additional 96-gallon garbage containers $11.25 per month
- 4 additional 96-gallon garbage containers $15 per month
To apply for additional containers, print and fill out the Application for Additional Container (PDF), and either fax or bring it to the Garbage Services Administration office.
Additional containers will be delivered within 2 working days after receipt of application.
Garbage ServicesPhysical Address
4955 Lafin Road
Beaumont, TX 77705
4955 Lafin Road Beaumont TX 77705
Phone: 409-842-1483Fax: 409-842-1722
To report problems, please call 311.
Municipal LandfillPhysical Address
5895 Lafin Road
Beaumont, TX 77705
5895 Lafin Road Beaumont TX 77705