Emergency Registry Enrollments
Emergency Notifications (STAN)
Text and phone notifications are one of the best tools we have to keep citizens informed and safe during an emergency. You can register your cell phone for emergency notifications by clicking on the link above and completing the online form. You can also call 844-578-7826 to register.
By registering with Southeast Texas Alerting Network (STAN), you provide us with multiple ways to notify you in the event of an emergency that affects Beaumont. This information will remain in the custody of the Beaumont Office of Emergency Management at all times, and will only be used for critical information and emergency notification purposes. You may list landline phone numbers, however, we are most interested in gathering cell phone numbers and email addresses.
This system, combined with our other emergency alert methods, is designed to get emergency messages to the public quickly and effectively.
Emergency Assistance Registry
The STEAR program was developed by the state of Texas to assist local governments with obtaining information on the needs of citizens during an emergency event.
The program provides detailed information on citizens who may have disabilities and require additional assistance during an event or who have transportation needs. The information can be used for preparedness and response activities. This program is free to local governments and individuals.
- What is the STAN service?
- How does the service work?
- What types of messages will be sent using the service?
- Does the STAN service replace other systems that have been used to provide time-sensitive information to residents?
- Is my telephone number included in the notification database?
- May I use a cell phone as my notification database listing?
- What precautions are being taken to protect personal information?
- Will the STAN service work if I have a call screening system on my phone?
- If I am a non-resident home or condominium owner, what phone should be listed in the notification database?
- For non-residents or owners who reside out of our city, you may request a cellular phone number be included in our database to contact during emergency situations.
- My primary phone or my second listing is a cell phone with a non-local area code. Will the STAN service call numbers outside the area?
- How does the STAN system respond to busy signals or no-answer situations?
- I was not able to listen to the entire call. Is there a way to repeat the message?
- I answer the phone but the “Hello” message repeats. It then hangs up, calls back, and the same thing happens again. How can I hear the entire message?
- Do I have to fill one STEAR form out for each individual with additional assistance needs?
- Can a STEAR form be filled out for someone else?
- How long will my information be kept in the system?
- What do I do if move or no longer need assistance?
- Does registration with STEAR guarantee I will be evacuated during an emergency event such as a hurricane?
- Will I receive confirmation that I have successfully registered?