Adopted Building Codes
Effective April 5, 2023, the following code list has been adopted by the City of Beaumont:
- 2021 International Building Code
- 2021 International Existing Building Code
- 2021 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2021 International Residential Code
- 2021 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2021 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 International Fire Code
- 2020 National Electrical Code
- 2020 ICC 600 Standard for Residential Construction in High Wind Regions Code
Please note: You may also visit ICCSafe.org for additional code information.
Additional questions may be directed to the Building Codes Division at 409-880-3100. Please note that all codes have local amendments.
New Business Requirements
Visit Community Development's New Business Requirements page for more information.
The Building Codes Division is committed to meeting the challenges facing the public and the construction industry at the start of the new century. All measures are being taken to offer the citizens of Beaumont the most efficient services possible while maintaining a cost-effective profile within the city function.
The purpose of this site is to assist the applicant in designing a set of plans that will meet or surpass most of the minimum requirements for obtaining a commercial building permit in the City of Beaumont. The following information is not intended to be used for any specific permit application. It is to be used strictly as a guide to assist the applicant during the plans review process. This information is primarily directed at local officials, building owners, designers, contractors and other individuals or organizations that are interested in doing any construction or building alterations within the city limits of Beaumont.
Effective November 30, 2009, all Inspection Requests shall be made by calling the City of Beaumont's 3-1-1 Helpline, or log into the permit portal to schedule.
Please note: Incomplete requests cannot be processed.
The following is required information in order to properly address your request:
- What is your City of Beaumont PERMIT or APPLICATION number? (Example: BP09 003456) If you do not have the permit number, your request cannot not be processed.
- What is the address of the site requiring inspection? If you do not have the address, your request cannot not be processed.
- Do you need an INITIAL INSPECTION or RE-INSPECTION? A $25 re-inspection fee must be paid to Building Codes prior to the inspection being done.
- What type of Inspection do you need? (Building, Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical, Certificate of Occupancy, Civil)
- What is your name (caller's name)? What is the Building Contractor's name?
- What is the Sub Contractor's name responsible for this inspection?
- What is the best phone number to reach you?
Providing all of the information noted here is accurate, your requested inspection will be scheduled for the next business day, given there are no unforeseen circumstances.
Please check the online portal to see whether it has been approved or denied. For follow-up or additional questions, please feel free to call the Community Development department at 409-880-3100 during regular business hours. (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).
If you have a questions about our current city ordinances, you can view City Ordinances online.
Pre-development meetings are free of charge and offered every Thursday at 9 am, 10 am and 11 am, first come first served. These meetings may be held in-person or virtually and department plan reviewers will be represented. Large projects such as new construction, large renovations, subdivisions, preliminary projects, etc. are welcome. You can schedule your pre-development meeting online. If you have any questions, please contact Building Codes.